Dare 2 Care
November 11, 2014Dare 2 Care was not just a catchy title for the recent Safeguarding Conference in Brecon Cathedral it was a challenge to everyone in the Diocese to reach out and care. Making a difference to individuals who are young or vulnerable or those who care for them is what the church should be good at. So we began the day wondering how we were to be challenged and we finished the day enthusiastic but recognising that there is a huge amount to do. So if we each do just one new Dare 2 Care action we will make a difference. So what action did we hear about and how could we respond?
- Become a Dementia friendly Church.
- Train as a dementia champion.
- Ask a speaker to talk about Dementia at a church event or lunch club. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Provide events for carers with the necessary support to enable them to attend.
- Get expert speakers on internet bullying and grooming to youth groups. (RMorgan@stopitnow.org.uk)
- Be open about the risks of social media and the internet and encourage understanding amongst those involved in the church.
- Develop a relationship with the police and get briefing on Scams to pass on to members of the congregation. (alun.samuel@Dyfed-Powys.pnn.police.uk)