Shake up your wake up!
December 17, 2013Are you looking for an easy outreach opportunity in the New Year? Here is an idea with potential for creativity and fun (which could be organised fairly quickly). What’s “Shake up your Wake up” about? It’s about getting involved with Farmhouse Breakfast Week. OK ... So what’s Farmhouse Breakfast week?
Contact us with your plans – we would love to feature a story about your parish!
- 47% of people regularly skip breakfast during the week; this event encourages healthy breakfasts.
- It shows the wealth of wonderful breakfast produce available around the country.
- It educates people about the source of their breakfast foods.
- It’s been happening since 2000.
- It’s a great opportunity to get involved with your local community.
- It is a chance to work with local food producers.
- You can use it to make links with living healthy spiritual lives.
- You can use it to launch a breakfast club.
- It is a popular idea for schools.
Farmhouse Breakfast Week is a superb opportunity to bring community together around the breakfast table. Richard Kirlew, Bishop’s Officer for Rural Life.We live in an urban area – there’s not a farm in sight – so, is it for us? Getting into the habit of eating a healthy breakfast is a good idea wherever you live! How can I find out more about it? Follow this link to the website to find out how to get involved. http://www.shakeupyourwakeup.com/ And click here to see what people have done in previous years. Here’s a great series of resources, Table Talk, to encourage conversations at your breakfast event. Farmhouse Breakfast Week 2014 Sunday 26th January to Saturday 1st February